Birthdays only come once a year so when Breck asked for this for his birthday, he got it! I was a little nervous making this because I have always heard cheesecake is a huge feat. I mixed two recipes together to make this and it was so creamy and easy!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs ( I crushed Honey Maid made with real honey)
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp melted butter
- 3 (8oz) room temperature cream cheese boxes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 room temperature eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup room temperature heavy cream
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup melted blueberry jelly (I used blueberry for the cheesecake part because it doesn’t have seeds like blackberries do, so it will stay creamy)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp blackberry jelly
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a bowl combine all graham cracker crust ingredients. Mix really well.
- Press mixture firmly in 9 inch springform pan. I let it rise up on the side about half way.
- Bake 9 minutes. Let cool and then either wrap with foil until no water can get in the bottom of the pan or my sister suggested that you get a cheap tin foil pan and wrap it up on the sides, it ensures that no water will seep in.
- In a bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed for two minutes. Add sugar and beat for two minutes.
- Add eggs in one at a time. Beat for two minutes or until well mixed in.
- Add vanilla, salt, and heavy cream. Beat for 1 minute.
- Brush melted butter on graham cracker crust and then pour cheesecake batter into pan.
- Drop little spoonfuls of the jelly on top of cheesecake and swirl with knife.
- Place cheesecake in roasting pan filled half way up cheesecake pan with water.
- Bake for 1 hour. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN.
- After 1 hour turn oven off and prop oven door open for 1 hour.
- After it cools place in fridge for 7 hours.
- 15 minutes before you serve place heavy cream, vanilla, and jelly for blackberry topping in cold bowl. Beat on high until thick. Place in icing bag and mirror the pictures. Place fresh blackberries on top.
Happy Cooking! I hope you enjoy!